Florian Kunneman is Assistant Professor at the Department of Computer Science at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. His research is situated in the field of Artificial Intelligence, with a focus on language technology and conversational agents. He completed his PhD on modeling time and emotion in Twitter messages in 2017 at Radboud University, during which he has won two best paper awards at the Belgian-Netherlands Artificial Intelligence Conference for work on event detection from tweets. As a Postdoctoral researcher at Tilburg University and Radboud University Nijmegen, he worked on several projects along with partners such as the Rijksinstituut voor Volksgezondheid en Milieu (RIVM) and Sanoma Media. He has written blogs as one of the KNAW Faces of Science.
A short employment sketch:
- 2019 – present: Assistant Professor in Conversational AI at Social AI research group, department of Computer Science, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
- 2017 – 2019: Postdoctoral researcher at Center for Language and Speech Technology (Radboud University) and Tilburg University Language Production (Tilburg University).
- 2012 – 2017: PhD on Adaptive Information Extraction over Time at Radboud University.
For more information about Florian, see:
- Personal Webpage: https://fkunneman.github.io/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/florian-kunneman-b0a03129/
- VU: https://research.vu.nl/en/persons/florian-kunneman
- Social AI group: http://asr.cs.vu.nl/