Francesco Lelli is both an academic and a practitioner, on the one hand he is teaching and doing research in the area of Business Process Integration and Artificial Intelligence at the University of Tilburg, on the other hand he is Managing Partner at CasaConforti, a Swiss based family office that he co-founded in 2013. His research interest lie in data science and data-driven applications with particular interest in the IT-oriented issues.
In developing his research use quantitative methods and a prototype driven approach for validating the results. Practical outcome have been used in companies, like IBM, SAP, Telefonica, ERICSON, EY as well as international collaborations like the CMS experiment at CERN.
He has a PhD in computer science and postdoctoral studies in nuclear physics, software engineering and economics; his scientific outcome has more then 26000 citations with an h-index of 12 and i10-index of 14 despite the fact that he took a sabbatical from public research for 5 years.
In July 2018 he re-started his academic activities , and is currently serving as editor for MDPI and filing a patent in price dynamics in eCommerce. In the past years has served as interim CEO for 3 companies in Switzerland and Italy with the aim of restructuring their financial situation as well as developing their digital agenda.
This is a short Employment Sketch
- 2018-Present Assistant Professor at Tilburg University. Tenure in July 2018
- 2019-Present. Partner at CasaConforti Sagl. Taking a step back for seeding my research group.
- 2013-2018: Managing Director at CasaConforti Sagl. Helping the restructuring of Italian and Swiss based SMEs as well as support the family office activities of their shareholders.
- 2017-2018 Part-time Senior Lecturer at Tilburg University, Chair of Business Process Integration and Service Oriented Architecture
- 2010-2014: Project Executive and team lead at the European Research Institute in Service Science (ERISS). Prototype design and develop a cloud marketplace in collaboration with Ericson, Telefonica, Telecom Italia, Sunrise, Nokia and SAP.
- 2007-2010: Post-Doc at the University of Lugano: helping the dean in guiding his research group in Software Engineering
- 2003-2007: Researcher at the Italian National Institute of Nuclear Physics (INFN) and CERN contribute to the design CMS and AGaTA experiments
- 2002-2003: Software Engineer for the Naval Academy of Livorno and part time lecturer at the university of Pisa for the CCNA program.
- 2000-2002: Co-Founder and CTO of FIGO, Italian Federation of Online Game Player.
A few more information about Francesco Lelli are available at the following links:Get in touch with Francesco Lelli as member of the Data Inspired Creativity project! Click To Tweet